Croquet from the French word for a crooked stick, has its origins dating back since the 14th century. There are several forms of croquet including, most notably British lawn croquet and American lawn croquet. The latter offers various options including: Backyard nine-wicket, American six-wicket, international six-wicket, and golf croquet, which uses the nine-wicket layout. The World Croquet Federation (WCF) is the international governing body for croquet.
Related categories 1
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Croquet in Western Australia News, results, pictures, and links in Western Australia.
- The Oxford Croquet Site Covers all aspects of croquet including equipment, lawn care and construction, laws, refereeing, tournament, management, technical papers, health and safety, history and coaching.
- Wikipedia - Croquet Hyperlinked encyclopedia article about the various versions of croquet, their history and rules.
- Croquet List E-mail list for general discussion of issues related to playing croquet.
- Croquet World Online Magazine Reporting of croquet events and issues world wide.
- Max Hooper's Articles Offers history and tips and information for refereeing and umpiring.