The following is an excerpt from HPV Deutschland e.V.. "Human-powered vehicles include land, air and aquatic vehicles. These vehicles are powered solely by human muscles. They don't use any form of stored energy." HPVs can be divided into three main categories: Air = Human Powered Aircraft (HPA), Sea = Human Powered Boats (HPB), Land = Recumbents and Handcycling.
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Human Powered Race America The only racing series in the United States for recumbent and Human Powered Vehicles (HPVs). Includes events calendar, overview and history, along with information regarding the .deciMach Prize For Human Powered Speed.
- Quadcycles Focused on the proliferation and improvement of the "4 wheeled bike." Features links to manufacturers and related resources to earth conscious types of transportation.
- Dan Speas' Variable Exercise Bicycle Offers overview and photo gallery of a cable-driven bike with independent pedals and an infinite array of gear ratios. It is useful as a rehabilitation tool. Features videos on the bike and riding.
- Kinetic Sculpture Links Links to photo galleries, descriptions, artists and active Kinetic Sculpture Race sites in the U.S. and worldwide.
- Bike Design for Engineers Bike design at CALPOLY San Luis Obispo. Includes background on the first human powered helicopter as well as student bicycle designs.
- Human Powered Equipment and Transportation The discussion of any type of equipment or transportation using human muscles, usually leg muscles with cranks and chains. This includes generators, mills, drills, presses, boats, planes, and land vehicles.
- Trans Canada Human Powered Speed Record HPV Details one man's quest to break the trans-Canada speed record.
- Champiot A four-wheel rowing exerciser. Videos, specifications, pictures, and how to order.
- Kinetic Grand Championship Three day race in California. Site includes photo gallery and museum.
- AtomicZombie Build recumbent bikes, trikes, and electric vehicles. Complete plans and a forum for builders around the world.