This category contains general information on western Olympic, Classical, and, less frequently, Historical fencing. Each of these versions of fencing involves individual vs. individual competition using some European version of a sword.
- Olympic fencing enthusiasts practice the modern version of the sport, utilizing electronic scoring equipment. The majority of sites in this category are dedicated to Olympic-style fencing.
- Classical enthusiasts do not utilize electronic scoring and practice and compete emphasizing the nobility of the sport.
- Historical fencing typically utilizes multiple weapons at once, and practices the sport prior to the days of directed (refereed) bouts.
Related categories 3
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Fencing.Net Includes club listings, training drills (footwork and blade work), and general information about the sport of fencing.
- Rec.Sport.Fencing FAQ Archive of the rec.sports.fencing usenet FAQ.
- Swordsport.com Video streams of US and international competitions and links to news sources.
- Glossary of Fencing Terms Description of actions and items used in fencing with equivalents in French.
- Fencing FAQ Archive of USENET FAQs, providing an overview of the sport.
- The Fencing Forum Offers a range of forums related to fencing.
- How Stuff Works: Fencing Equipment Introduction to how fencing equipment operates, including the use of protective clothing and electronic scoring systems.