All players are blind-folded to enable blind, visually impaired and sighted athletes to compete together.
The game is of 14 minutes duration (playing time) divided into 2 x 7 minute halves.
The ball used (which is called a goalball), weighs 1.25 kg and contains noise bells.
The object of the game is to roll the ball over the opponent's goal line using a bowling action.
Related categories 1
Loading new listings for you to review...
- USA Goalball Features history and background for this Paralympic sport, including resources to start playing, start a team, or funding Goalball efforts. Discussion forum, links and contacts are provided.
- Goalball Includes history, rules, how to play, results, organizations, links, and news.
- GoalBall International Fanclub Information about the rules, history and background for this sport, a guide on how to start playing, and discussion forum.
- Goalball UK Governing body for the sport within the United Kingdom. Includes development plan, events calendar, mailing lists, and contacts. Features text only and graphic versions of site.
- Wikipedia: GoalBall Brief history of the sport, information about rules, and penalties.