The basic idea behind open source is very simple: When programmers can read, redistribute, and modify the source code for a piece of software, the software evolves. People improve it, people adapt it, people fix bugs. And this can happen at a speed that, if one is used to the slow pace of conventional software development, seems astonishing. --opensource.org
Related categories 2
Loading new listings for you to review...
- libsyndicate Documentation of the reworking on Syndicate data files. So anyone could implement his own Syndicate engine. There is also a bzr repository that hold the code of a library that implement the doc.
- Fate A massive multiplayer space trading and combat game for Linux. [GPL]
- Snip Open-source Tetris implementation.
- The Genius Chess engine including artificial intelligence, user interface and several features.
- Final Frontier Trader 2D single player space strategy, combat, and trading game. (C++) [OS Independent]
- Groundfire A 2D real-time multiplayer tank battling game. (C++) [Windows 9X/2000/XP, Linux]
- Danger from the Deep Danger from the deep (aka dangerdeep) is a Free / Open Source World War II German submarine simulation. [Linux / Windows] (C++)
- jQuizShow Free quiz game based on the "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" game show. Add your own questions for classroom use or for fun. [Java, OS Independent, GPL]
- Flight Gear Flight Simulator The FlightGear flight simulator project is an open-source, multi-platform, cooperative flight simulator development project. Source code for the entire project is available. (OpenGL)[OS Independent]
- Open Game Source A web magazine devoted to open source game development.
- Enigma A puzzle game based on oxyd. Runs on Windows, OS X, and most open source operating systems. (C++) [GPL]
- Spice Trade Colonize Europe in this Java based, open source game. Live an adventure in the 12th century world.
- Hot Potato Online This game is a fast paced arena sport where players try to explode the opposition using a short-fused potato bomb.
- Holtz GPL implementation of the abstract strategy board games Zèrtz and Dvonn from the GIPF project. (C++) [Linux, Windows] [GPLv2]
- Free Gamer Open source games weblog and list.
- MUSoSu A free software project for playing, solving, and generating Sudoku games. (Java) [OS Independent]
- Deliantra Deliantra is a free software, multiplayer RPG and adventure game, much similar in style to nethack and moria. It is fully graphical and runs in realtime and set in a medieval environment. (GPL) [GNU/Linux,Mac OS X, Windows]
- Kraptor 2D shoot'em up made with Allegro. (C) [GNU/Linux, Windows, DOS]
- Frets on Fire The player has to strike the correct colored squares at the appropriate time during the songs to produce sounds. The objective of this game inspired by Guitar Hero is to finish a song and score the biggest amount of points possible. (Python) [Cross-platform]
- OpenLieroX The open source clone of the famous Liero (the realtime Worms) game.
- Freedroid FreedroidRPG is an open source isometric role playing game. Clone of the classic game "Paradroid". (C, Python) [MacOS, Windows 95/98/2000, Linux]
- Daimonin Free isometric real-time MMORPG. 2d/3d graphics, 3d sound effects, digital ambient music.
- Shawn Hargreaves Has several open source projects and articles about the future of open source games.
- irrlamb 3D game that probably involves a lot of physics and frustrating gameplay. (C++) [Linux, Windows] [GPL2]
CSPoker is a lightweight poker client/server. Client implementations in Java and Flash. XML-based API. (Java) [GPLv2]
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-09 15:01:41 CET (https://code.google.com/archive/p/cspoker)
The encyclopedia of free (as in freedom) games with free content.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-09 15:01:42 CET (https://libregamewiki.org/Main_Page)