Emulation is the process of simulating the hardware of one computer (particularly the processor) via software on a different one. In other words, it allows you to use software meant for another system that you may not have access to by running a program on your system. For instance, an emulator will let you use an arcade machine that no longer exist or use a game console that can no longer be purchased. Note that this category is different from Computers: Emulators because the focus here is on the emulation of general gaming purpose computers (also called consoles) and arcade machines.
- Master System
- Mega Drive
- Multi System
- Neo Geo
- Nintendo 64
- Nintendo Entertainment System
- PC Engine
- Super Famicom
- Super Nintendo Entertainment System
- Virtual Boy
Related categories 2
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Emulation Zone The original Emulation Zone, hosts many emulation related sites and provides information on console emulation.
- Arcade@Home News, emulators and ROMs of various arcade and console systems for download.
- Dorando List of available emulators and compatibility tests for these.
- emulinks.de Emulation, vintage computing and gaming systems directory.
- Emu - Celebs A database of all the emusceners with photo, projects involved and a mini-CV.
- GeePee32 A freeware GamePark 32 emulator for Windows.
- Calimero's EGG Screenshot galleries of emulated games for various systems.
- The Emulator Zone Latest emulators for Nintendo 64, Playstation, Super Nintendo, Gameboy and many other systems.
- easyEmu A beginner's guide including tutorials, reviews and links to begin.
- The RCA Studio 2 Emulator Freeware RCA Studio 2 emulator for DOS and Windows.
- Slipstream Freeware Konix Multi-System emulator for Windows.
- Patent Pending A huge emulator site for all your emulator needs.
- EmuLynx A directory classified into categories.