A collection of materials related to the history of video games.
Related categories 6
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Computerspiele Museum German site on a gaming museum located in Berlin. Offers information on projects and press coverage.
- Classic Videogame Station Odyssey Japanese videogame history including cartoons.
- The Stairway To Hell Archive of software released for the Acorn range of 8-bit home computers. BBC Micro Games, Acorn Electron games, BBC Micro Emulation and BBC Emulators with reviews, scans, music mp3, mags, instructions and documentation.
- The Old Computer Includes forums, a museum, retro shop, magazines, libraries, news, and a hall of fame. Offers emulators and ROMs for most older gaming systems.
- The Video Game Museum An online video game museum with screenshots, scans, music, ads and reviews.
- Phosphor Dot Fossils Classic arcade video game history.
- Brookhaven 1958 Video Game The first video game may have been developed at the Department of Energy's Brookhaven National Laboratory in 1958. William Higinbotham designed Tennis for Two for a laboratory visitors day.
- TheCan.Org Read, enjoy and contribute accounts of computer, video and online games that were cancelled or otherwise lost, precious, before release.
- Intellivision Classic Videogame Website A journey through the classic system Intellivision.
- SPOnG.com Containing news, screenshots, summaries and details of developers and publishers, plus competitions, charts, trivia, tips, FAQs, and walkthroughs.
- Classic BASIC Games Collection of classic MS BASIC games and a BASIC Interpreter compatible with BASIC circa 1979.
- MobyGames An online database of the PC entertainment software industry's products from 1982 to present. Includes game descriptions, screenshots, boxcovers, reviews, trivia, links and ratings.
- Halcyon Days Halcyon days includes interviews with classic computer and video game programmers
- Lucasarts Museum Chronicles all things related to the classic Lucasart's adventure games.
- Classic Arcade Gaming Classic Arcade Gaming chronicles the history of the golden age of coin-op video gaming including the games, players, contests, and scores.
- Game Grandpas Covering many systems from the Atari 2600 to the PS2.
- culturalstudies behind the videogame The story of the videogames as a cultural media, the analysis of the influence between the videogame, the cinema and the social interaction.
- Guinness Book Coin-Op High Scores 1986-1997 Contains the Guinness Book Coin Operated Video Game High Scores and behind the scenes information behind these scores.
- Lee's PeeknPoke General arcade and console emulation site.
- Classic Retro Games Directory of quality full versions of freeware retro remakes and ports.
- Game Downloads Huge archive of reviewed abandonware, freeware and shareware games.
- 1980-Games.com Old video and arcade games online for free. Pacman, Mario Bros Donkey kong, Space Invaders, and Frogger. Emulators on site.
- Arcade-History A coin-operated game database with more than 29,000 machines featuring pictures and information.
- Visionnet - Retrogaming Online gaming library of all common consoles, handhelds and homecomputers.
- Video Games 101 - Video Games Video game system information with a focus on Tomb Raider.
- The Super-Kaga Computer Museum Photo gallery of consoles, arcade games and computers. Reviews of movies that feature computers and computer games. Downloadable retro gaming wallpaper.
- The Dot Eaters: Videogame History 101 The history of videogames, from arcade, home consoles and computers. Includes pictures and audio files, as well as text covering the history of major machines and games.
- RF Generation Collects information related to video games. Consoles range from the Magnavox Odyssey to the Xbox 360.
- Chronology of Video Game Systems Timeline of events tracing the history of video games, including standalone arcade machines, TV games and handheld game machines.
- The Lost Patrol Webshrine News items, screenshots, artwork, and press coverage.
- The making of the Camel Trophy Videogame A behind-the-scenes story of the making of the "Camel Trophy Video game" for the ZX Spectrum in 1985.
- Dragon's Lair Complete Dragon's Lair and Space Ace games collection, including music, collectibles, video, goodies and books.
- Retro Games Blog A website dedicated to retro and vintage computer games and their influence on modern day computer gaming.
- Crates and barrels This is about crates and barrels in videogames.
- Flat Batteries Promotes video games as an art form worthy of respect as a valuable part of culture.
- Computer Gaming World Museum Dedicated to the preservation and presentation of the first 100 issues (1981-1992) of Computer Gaming World magazine, the first magazine devoted exclusively to computer games.
- VOGONS - Very Old Games On New Systems A forum about how to get older games to run on newer computers.
- Classic Home Video Games Museum Devoted to video games made from 1972 to 1987.
- Ausretrogamer An independent video games website committed to spreading the nostalgic vibe of retro gaming culture. Australia.
- Supercade A book that illustrates and documents the history, legacy, and visual language of the videogame phenomenon.
Covers Atari 5200, 7800, Jaguar, Lynx, ColecoVision, Vectrex, Intellivision, PC-Engine aka Turbo Grafx 16, Super Nintendo (SNES), Sega Game Gear, Mega Drive aka Genesis, SG-1000, Neo Geo and NG.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-10 17:57:09 CET (http://www.retrobase.net/)
Classic and modern computer and videogame online publication.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-10 17:57:19 CET (http://www.armchairarcade.com/perspectives)