Human edited web directory based on the DMOZ data. To find out more about this project please use the top main menu.
Related categories 3
Loading new listings for you to review...
- History of Computers A directory of sites about the history of computers arranged categorically and with specific topic and general topic sections.
- PC History This site is under construction but has some nice pictures of some pre-IBM machines.
- Charles Babbage Institute (CBI) A research center at the University of Minnesota dedicated to promoting the study and preservation of the history of computing and information processing.
- Triumph of the Nerds Biographies, an interactive game, and a questions and answers forum trace the birth of the personal computer at this PBS companion site.
- Computer History Images Pictures of many of the pioneering computers.
- The History of Computing Project Offers a detailed timeline on the history of computer. Sections include hardware, software, pioneers and references.
- The History of Computing Science: From the Past to the Present Lecture presented by Michelle A. Hoyle explaining how computers and computing science arose from using sticks with notches for counting, to the massive explosion of personal computers in the 1980s.
- The Obsolete Technology Website Pictures, documents, and advertisements of classic computers from the 1970's and 1980's.
- The History of Computing Detailed information including early pioneers and companies, archives, languages, and networking from the Department of Computer Science at Virginia Tech.
- Reflections of a ModemJunkie Writings on computers, the early online world, and the Internet, dating from 1992 to 2000.
- Tools For Thought by Howard Rheingold. Online copy of well known 1985 book on the invention of computing; includes Babbage, Turing, von Neumann, Engelbart, PARC, Kay, and Atari.
- Computer History Museum Focuses exclusively on the history of computing. Located in Mountain View, California. Search the collection, illustrated timeline, online exhibits and select images from the collection, "This Day in History," curator's choice, and the Hall of Fellows (awards for contributions to computing).
- The Modern History of Computing Historical survey from Babbage onward; by B. Jack Copeland from the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
- Computer History Articles and photos on many topics; user submitted content with Wiki-style editing for registered users; photo gallery, forum, feedback.
- The Association for History and Computing An international organization which aims to promote and develop interest in the use of computers in all types of historical study at every level, in both teaching and research.
- National Archive for the History of Computing Houses the UK's most important collection of documents relating to the history of computing, and encourages interest and study in the history of computing more generally.
- Punched Cards Covers the earliest ways of encoding data up to the cards used in voting systems today.
- Computers, Videogames and Arcade Collector's Ring A directory of links.
Silicon Valley to Internet Valley
In San Francisco Bay Area; background, history, future: trends, forecasts.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-09 02:41:43 CET (http://netvalley.com/silicon_valley/Silicon_Valley_to_Internet_Valley.html)