This category is intended for resources related to participating in the design and construction of new homes and/or major additions. This includes tips on how to be your own general contractor, how to work with contractors and businesses, and tips for optimizing the design of a complete home. This category does not include sites which sell goods and services online (Shopping: Home and Garden), sites for businesses that design or manufacture products (Business: Construction and Maintenance), or sites offering advice for purchasing decisions (Home: Consumer Information).
Related categories 3
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Village Post And Beam Photo journal which documents the 1998 construction of a post and beam home centered around a "great room."
- Adobe by the Rio Grande Watch the construction of a traditional adobe home being built near Albuquerque, NM. Weekly updates by Adobe Home builder, David C. Peterson.
- Idea Workshop Journal Collection of articles focusing on design issues in the home. Covers designing a home office, basement foundation guidelines, planning for accessibility, zoned heating and cooling systems, creating architectural detail with drywall, and kitchen design.
- Rafter Layout with Log Timbers Instructions and drawings explaining how to layout log rafters using a steel square.
- Mass Custom Home Article by Masa Noguchi, Ph.D that discusses a new approach to the delivery of quality affordable homes of tomorrow.
- How Did I Do It? Information, pictures, and instructions for home improvement projects such finishing a basement, remodeling a bathroom, and installing central air.
- Help For Unhappy Homeowners List of steps which can be taken by homeowners that are unhappy with their builder.
- The Masonry Institute of St. Louis Highlights the best in Masonry design - interior and exterior photos including information about the builder, the architect, the mason supplier and contractor.
- Stockton Earth Home Project Chronicling the construction of an earth home in northeastern Oklahoma.
- Project: Pembee An account of building a kit pole home on a block of bushland in Pemberton, Western Australia.
- Construction Trends Articles related to home improvement, interior design, and trends in the construction industry.
- OwnerbuilderOnline.com This site provides information for owner builders to help them manage the building process from preconstruction through project completion.
- Helpful Advice for Home Construction Improvement Home improvement site with tips and advice from painting to building a new home.