Contains museums which specialize in the collection and exhibition of textiles and costumes.
Related categories 5
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Fashion Museum A world-class collection of contemporary and historical dress. Located in Bath, England.
- Silk Museum Presentation of a true account of the history of the silk industry in Como, Italy. Offers also a calendar of previous exhibitions.
- Nederlands Textile Museum Textiles in art, technology, industry and design. Located in Tilburg, the Netherlands.
- Musee de l'Impression sur Etoffes de Mulhouse French textile and fashion museum offers online exhibits and information on location and special events. English and French.
- Atelier-Musée du Chapeau Features the history of French hatmaking. English and French. Located in Monts du Lyonnais.
- Ulverton Woollen Mills Features exhibits about the pre-industrial and industrial production of woolen fibers and threads, and a restaurant-bistro. Includes rates, hours, photos, directions and a location map. Located in Ulverton, Quebec, Canada.
- Slater Mill Presents the Sylvanus Brown House, Historic Garden, Wilkinson Mill, Old Slater Mill. Exhibits include a rubblestone mill, machine tools, and textile industry artifacts. Located at Pawtucket, Rhode Island.
- Derwent Valley Mills Inscribed on UNESCO World Heritage List in December 2001. Future plans. Features maps, opening times and links to individual attractions. News and events section. Includes history section. Games and quiz.
- New Lanark Features a restored 18th century cotton mill village in South Lanarkshire, Scotland. Includes a visitor's guide, events, directions and a location map.
- Bata Shoe Museum Toronto's authority on historic, regional, and cultural footwear. Information and images of the collections, list of exhibitions, gift shop, programs and facility rentals, map, admission costs and hours of operation.
- Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum The only museum in the United States devoted exclusively to historic and contemporary design. Located in New York, New York.
- The Sheelin Irish Lace Museum The Sheelin Irish Lace Museum in picturesque County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland houses one of Ireland's finest displays of Antique Irish Lace, each piece carefully chosen for its intricate workmanship and quality.
- Windham Textile and History Museum Features a virtual tour and an activities page for children. Includes hours and admission rates. Located in Willimantic, Connecticut, United States.
- American Textile History Museum Textiles, tours, and decorative arts are just a few of the exhibits and activities, including demonstrations and special events. Located in Lowell, Massachusetts, United States.
- Sir Richard Arkwright’s Masson Mills Sir Richard Arkwright's 1783 mills at Matlock Bath, Derbyshire is a working textile museum.
- Museum Martí Vicenç Exhibit of the work of Martí Vicenç', including Mallorcan fabrics Known as "Robes de Llengües".
- The Fabric Workshop and Museum Only museum in the United States creating and exhibiting new work in fabric and experimental materials in collaboration with emerging and established international artists. Includes hours, fees, and directions. Located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Fashion and Textile Museum Focuses on British and international fashion, and textile design from 1950 to the present day. Includes details of exhibits, hours, admission rates and membership. Located in London.
- Kyoto Costume Institute - KCI Founded 1978. Mission statement, online archive covering 1700s-1940s, current exhibits, publications, visitor information. In-person archive research available with reservation; limited hours. [English/Japanese]
- WeverijMuseum Geldrop Located in the spinning factory of Wollenstoffenfabriek A,van den Heuvel with original equipment. Displays photographs within the different stages of weaving and construction types of materials. Located in the Netherlands.
- Strutt's North Mill Belper The historic North Mill on the River Derwent at Belper, Derbys, UK, is one of the oldest surviving examples of industrialised water powered cotton spinning mills in the world. A World Heritage Site.
- Elizabeth Sage Historic Costume Collection Housed at University of Indiana at Bloomington. Profile of Elizabeth Sage, list of past exhibitions, selected images from the collection.
- Tassenmuseum Hendrikje: Museum of Bags & Purses Shows the history of the lady's handbag in western culture from the late Middle Ages to present day. Located in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- FIDM Museum & Galleries Foundation Houses a significant collection of over 10,000 costumes, accessories, and textiles from the 18th Century through the present day, including film and theater costume. Includes a history of the facility, details of exhibitions, events, the gift shop, and directions to the location in Los Angeles, California, United States.
- Thousand Islands Arts Center Specializes in 20th century woven goods. Offers classes and exhibits. Located in Clayton, New York.
- Quarry Bank Mill and Styal Estate Features a working cotton mill with galleries devoted to water and steam power of the late l8th century, with hands-on displays and exhibits. Includes its history, events, details of tours offered, educational resources and a visitor's guide. Located in Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK.
- Ruddington Framework Knitters' Museum Overview, opening times, tariffs, educational visits, volunteers, event calendar and how to find the museum.
- Textile Museum The Washington, DC museum devoted to the handmade textile arts. Site features information on exhibitions, educational programs, textile learning center, and shop featuring gifts from around the world.
Brugge Kantstad - Lace Exposition
Founded in 1970 with main purpose to continue the lace education started in Bruges in 1717 by the Sisters Apostles. Includes displays of handmade items, demonstrations, classes and visitor information. Located in Belgium. [Dutch, French and English].
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-16 13:32:57 CET (http://kantcentrum.eu)
Textile Museum of Canada
"The only museum in Canada exclusively devoted to the collection, exhibition, and documentation of textiles from around the world." The site contains museum information and pictures of items in the collection. Located in Toronto.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-16 13:33:13 CET (/home)
The Textile Museum Bocholt
Fully functional replica mill demonstrates typical work conditions in the textile industry from 1900 to 1960. Includes opening hours, admission rates and directions. Located in Bocholt, Germany. [German and English]
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-16 13:33:24 CET (http://www.lwl.org/industriemuseum/)
Working jute mill in Dundee, Scotland features original machinery, computer displays and hands-on interactives. Features tour guides, a gift shop and cafe. Open all year.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-16 13:33:29 CET (http://verdantworks.com/)