This category is for plant, animal, and bacterial viruses. Viruses are non living small protein molecules. In the environment they are harmless, however, when they become into contact with a host cell from a plant or animal a sequence of degenerative events occurs. The virus inserts its own genomic material into the host cell and initiates DNA or RNA replication. The host cell burst spreading virions to infect other cells. The most common virus people are affected by is called Influenza. The category will cover a range of virus diseases, replication, database of structures, current research, images, and organizations.
Related categories 5
Loading new listings for you to review...
- All the Virology on the WWW Links to virology information, collection of virus pictures, virology bookshop, jobs, and course notes.
- Virusys Corporation Specialists in the design and manufacture of virus related antibodies and antigens. A full range of laboratory services is available that includes infectious dose determination, viral protein purification and custom antibody production.
- A New Germ Theory The dictates of evolution virtually demand that the causes of some of humanity's chronic and most baffling "noninfectious" illnesses will turn out to be pathogens -- that is the radical view of a prominent evolutionary biologist.
- The Phage Phorum A place to find general information regarding biophages and an open discussion of topics related to biophages.
- The Journal of Virology Online Online version of the Journal of Virology, the premier journal for peer-reviewed papers on virology research.
- Baculovirus.com Technical knowledge, information, newsgroup, helpful in using the Baculovirus expression vector system and insect cell expression.
- Chicken Flu: Recombinant Genes on the Loose Information regarding viral genes, replication, and strain evolution. Written in 1997 but updated in 2005.
- Poxvirus Bioinformatics Resource The Poxvirus Bioinformatics Resource Center has been established to provide resources to the scientific community for basic research and to facilitate the development of novel antiviral therapies and vaccines against human orthopoxvirus infections as well as approaches for environmental detection of virions and the rapid diagnosis of disease.
- The Molecules of HIV The life cycle, immune response, and schematic diagram of the human immuno-deficiency virus.
- Medical Virology Scientific findings, clinical therapies research, and public health aspects on viruses of medical importance.
- Veterinary Virology Lecture presentation on the replication of viruses within animals cells.
- HIV Sequence Database Collection HIV and related genetic sequence data and computer analyses - from the Los Alamos Natl. Lab.
- American Society for Virology A forum for investigators of human, animal, insect, plant, fungal and bacterial viruses in areas such as clinical, ecological, biological or biochemical research.
- Viral Replication Information from Wikipedia on the attachment, entry, and expression of viral genomic material in host cells.
- Paramyxoviruses Information from Wikipedia on these negative-sense single-stranded RNA viruses, responsible for a number of human and animal diseases, including their taxonomy, morphology and pathogenesis.
- Antiviral Intelistrat Database of antiviral drugs and vaccines. It regroups over 1700 product files containing detailed information on compounds and vaccines related to the prevention or treatment of viral diseases. Subscription needed.
- EVA: European Virus Archive Project aiming to create a European network of high calibre laboratories with the expertise to collect, amplify, characterise, standardise, authenticate, distribute and track all viruses.
- Blogging for Bacteriophages Blog by Tim Sampson who takes a look at recent developments in the world of microbiology.
- Viral Replication Description of the hepatitis virus replication process.
- Virology This journal publishes the results of basic research in all branches of virology, including the viruses of vertebrates and invertebrates, plants, bacteria, and yeasts/fungi.
Virus Databases Online
A comprehensive index of viruses provided by the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses. Also provides a picture gallery, identification tool and software tools.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-11 04:47:31 CET (http://www.ictvdb.org/)
Seminars in Virology
Review journal dedicated to keeping scientists informed of developments in the field of virology on a topic by topic basis.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-11 04:48:09 CET (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=PublicationURL&_cdi=7150&_auth=y&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&_pubType=J&md5=49ccf5369f34da964b27c49ec200a438)
A peer reviewed journal that publishes reviews and original research on retroviruses.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-11 04:48:10 CET (http://retrovirology.biomedcentral.com/)