Sustains: encourages, endures, holds up, nourishes, supports. Sustainable living provides a nourishing environment for life in a renewable cycle that supports life today and preserves natural resources for future generations of life. Sustainable living conserves an ecological balance by minimising the depletion of natural resources. The three R's - Reduce, re-use and recycle can be used as a guide toward sustainable living. The goal of this category is to help individuals and organizations find the information they need to live simpler, more sustainable, and environmentally friendly lifestyles.
Related categories 6
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Low-Impact Living Initiative A UK based non-profit organisation dedicated to helping protect the global environment by researching and promoting sustainable, low-impact living alternatives. Includes information sheets, information on workshops, installations and newsletters.
- Hunt Utilities Group, LLC A for-profit organization dedicated to exploring and developing systems for ecological living.
- The Green Guide An online magazine featuring green living tips, product reviews, and environmental health news. Owned and operated by the National Geographic Society.
- Eartheasy Articles and product recommendations for simple, sustainable living.
- The Alternative Consumer Weblog offering product guidance, reviews and advice for eco-friendly consumers.
- Neutral Existence Resources for neutralizing one's environmental footprint easily and inexpensively.
- Healthy Living for People and Planet Earth Weblog with opinions and advice on living a healthy, sustainable life.
- Garden Girl TV Dedicated to showing people ways to live a more sustainable, eco-friendly lifestyle in the cities and suburbs. Maintained by Patti Moreno, the Garden Girl, who is the host of Farmers Almanac TV.
- Green Living Ideas Blog focused on easier green living tips and ideas. Posts and interviews about home energy, green building, cars, food, and recycling.
- Naturally Savvy Healthy Living Guides and videos providing information about natural, organic, and healthy living.
- Verda Vivo Weblog devoted to activism, the environment, food, health, recycling and “green living”.
- NRDC's This Green Life A monthly journal on living green, mixing personal reflections with hard information on environmental problems and solutions from the Natural Resources Defense Council.
- Zerocarbonista Blog discussing life in a post-oil and post-carbon world, including power, transportation, and food topics.
- One Green Generation Sustainable living blog with strong focus on community, food, and local living.
- The Chic Ecologist Blog covering chic, clean, and stylish sustainable green living for everybody featuring eco friendly design, products, fashion, clothing, home, technology.
- Super Green Me Green social network where like minded people can learn, discuss, promote and advocate sustainable living. Environment information, tips, news, and videos.
- Sustainable Living Foundation Community based, not-for-profit organisation committed to promoting and practicing the principles of sustainable living.
- Naturally Earth Friendly Offers information about simple, sustainable ideas and products. Also provides details about volunteering.
- Econation Find information, advice and resources about sustainability practices and solutions, including resource efficiency, energy efficiency, carbon neutrality, zero waste and sustainable water use.
- Help Save Earth Provides information about how individuals can have a direct impact on environmental problems, specifically climate change and the lack of safe drinking water.
- Carbon Diet Provides education and information for both individuals and businesses looking to understand how to go green.
- Free Green Magazine Ezine directed towards a better green lifestyle.
- ForUsToBe Articles on eco-friendly technology, inventions, organic products and ways to a modern green lifestyle.
- Idaho Green Expo Event held annually in June showcasing products and services for sustainable living. Exhibitors and workshops, news, and information about volunteering.
- Sustainablog Blog covering environmental and economic sustainability, green and sustainable business, and environmental politics.
- City Girl Farming Guide to raising, growing and preparing your own food in small, urban spaces.
- Post Carbon Institute: Relocalize Supports post-carbon groups working to make their communities more sustainable for the period after affordable fossil fuels. Events, publications, and newsletters.
- Sustainable Life One family in a busy UK city as they aim to reduce costs and environmental impact. Including bushcraft, foraging, wild food, allotment growing, upcycle, recycle, reusing, home brewing.
- Seafood Watch Helps consumers and businesses choose seafood that is fished or farmed in a sustainable manner.
The Thrifty Planet Resource Guide
Database of member businesses that sell recycled or used merchandise, including thrift shops, and eco-friendly sellers and job openings.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-11 12:13:09 CET (http://thriftyplanet.com/dir/)