The Crystallography is a misleading term. Diamonds and relatives are on the peripheries of the crystallographer field of interest. Probably the better name would be the "structural chemistry" or even the "structural biology". How the basic structures of living, rapidly changing world are connected with something as static as crystals? If one want to know 3-D structures of biological molecules - one need to crystalize them, then to put them into the X-ray beam and to interpret the obtained diffraction pattern. For simplicity alternative techniques of structural biology, for example NMR, neutron and electron crystallography are also included here.
Related categories 5
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Crystallography World Wide WEB directory by IUCr.
- World Database of Crystallographers The IUCr free searchable online Directory of crystallographers and of other scientists employing crystallographic methods. Some functions require an IUCr password.
- Crystal Research and Technology International journal examining all aspects of research within experimental, industrial and theoretical crystallography.
- Denver X-ray Conference Provides a unique mixture of sessions on training, education, and applications and papers containing details about state-of-the-art techniques and future developments in X-ray analysis.
- Online Dictionary of Crystallography Wiki established by the IUCr Commission on Crystallographic Nomenclature for developing content for an online dictionary resource of crystallographic terms.