Micronations, sometimes known as unrecognized nations or ephemeral states, are countries which claim status as independent nations, but which lack diplomatic recognition by the world community. Many claim some physical land area as their national territory; others are non-territorial, existing only in the virtual world. These nations may represent true secessionist movements, experiments with political and governmental models, or extended jokes. The line between serious and whimsical micronations is often a thin one.
Related categories 4
Loading new listings for you to review...
- League of Secessionist States Organization focusing on uniting micronations in the same manner as the United Nations.
- League of Micronations An intermicronational organization that exists to promote diplomatic relations between micronations, express the opinion of the members of the intermicronational community, and to provide a place where all micronations can support each other.
- Micronation and Sovereignty Website Index Links to micronations, including actual small states, governments in exile, sedition groups, new country projects, and fraudulent micronations.
- My Way: Getting in touch with your inner Turkmenbashi Article published in the Atlantic by Culleen Murphy which explores the world of micronations.
- Virtual Nations Article by Andrew Weiner discusses Freedonia, Aerica and other micronations.
- What is Micronationalism? An introduction covering the full breadth of the phenomenon.
- Nichtsburg et Zilchstadt Coins from micronations and other unusual locales.
- Micronational News Network A source of news and general discussion for the micronationalist community.
- A New Land Gathers resources and ideas on how to start a real micronation.
- Micronational News The intermicronational news service.
- MNCommunities Home to interactive geofictional (micronationalism) creative projects, all of them based in the world of Micras.
- Micronational Cartography Society The authority for mapping on the fictional planet of Micras.
- MicrasWiki A wiki project documenting micronations, micronationalists, to keep the community growing.
- Model Countries and Micronations Micronation resource. Includes a list of missing micronations.
- How to Start Your Own Micronation A how-to for starting your own micronation. Includes basics, government and diplomacy.
- NY Daily News: Micronations conference brings together (fake) nations MicroCon is the first U.S. gathering of micronations, those itty bitty countries nobody but the people who rule them believe exist.
- MicroCon 2015 The next MicroCon will be in Atlanta, Summer 2017.
- NPR: MicroCon 2015: Leaders Of Self-Proclaimed Nations Meet In Southern California NPR's Audie Cornish speaks with Kevin Baugh, founder of MicroCon, a conference of small, unrecognized nations and their self-proclaimed leaders.
- The Week: The DIY despots of micronations, in photos Matt Roth has been traveling to micronations around North America, documenting the land and the people that claim to rule them.
A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
Document written by John Perry Barlow declaring cyberspace independence.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 23:13:36 CET (https://www.eff.org/cyberspace-independence)