Inclusive of web sites that study, promote, argue about or discuss issues of peace.
Related categories 5
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Radio for Peace International Shortwave radio station in Costa Rica streaming live MP3 broadcasts. Addresses the world community as a voice of peace, champion of human rights, advocate for the oppressed, and defender of the truth. Schedule, program summaries, audio archive, technical tips, and volunteer opportunities.
- Seeds of Peace Non-profit, non-political organization that helps teenagers from regions of conflict learn the skills of making peace. Event calendar, news, articles, ways to help, and clubhouse for Arab and Israeli teens to build their own online community.
- Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum Museum established in August 1955 to convey the facts of the atomic bombing and contribute to the abolition of nuclear weapons and the realization of lasting world peace. Site offers children's section, message board, virtual museum with multi-media exhibits, call for world peace, and information on the dangers of atomic weapons.
- The Peace Abbey Inter-denominational center that celebrates all faiths and the individuals who fight with courage and compassion against violence in the world.
- Partners for Democratic Change Works to strengthen communities' ability to manage change, maximize the benefits of diversity, and prevent and resolve conflicts.
- American Friends Service Committee Quaker organization which includes people of various faiths who are committed to social justice, peace, and humanitarian service. Its work is based on the Quaker belief in the worth of every person, and faith in the power of love to overcome violence and injustice. Programs, news, resources, and opportunities for involvement.
- NGO Committee on Disarmament Provides services and facilities to the hundreds of citizens' groups concerned with the peace and disarmament activities of the United Nations. Events calendar, articles and resources, publications, and internship information.
- Americans for Peace Now Founded to help Shalom Achshav, its Israeli counterpart, pursue a lasting and equitable peace in the Middle East and to build an informed and empowered pro-peace American public. Action alerts, publications, events, and news and analysis.
- Transcend A peace and development organization for conflict transformation by peaceful means. Goal is to bring about a more peaceful world by using action, education/training, dissemination, and research to handle conflicts creatively and nonviolently. Manuals, articles, publications, audio lectures, and training schedule.
- The Peace Pilgrim Presents information on Peace Pilgrim's 28 year pilgrimage for inner and outer peace. Includes writings, photographs, audio and video.
- Conciliation Resources Serves as an international resource for local organizations pursuing peacebuilding and conflict resolution initiatives. Publications, programs, staff, and links to related sites.
- Institute of World Affairs Devoted to international understanding and the peaceful resolution of conflict. Conducts programs designed to prevent violent conflict and to advance post-conflict peacebuilding. News, publications, articles, and resources.
- Pathways to Peace International not-for-profit peace building, educational, and consulting organization. Mission, articles, program information, and links to related groups.
- European Peace Liaison Office Network of European NGOs active in conflict prevention and peace building. Seeks to promote peacebuilding policies among the decision-makers in Europe. Mission statement and links to member sites.
- The Peace Company Offer a wide range of peace merchandise and training for building a more peaceful world. Publishes "The Peace Book" and other titles. Offers consulting services and Peace Leadership Institute training programs.
- 1% - A Grassroots Peacearmy Movement intended to raise awareness about each individual's power to reduce violence and suffering. History of movement, inspirational quotes, and contact information.
- Pacific Life Research Center Dedicated to informing and educating the public on key issues to assist in the proliferation of nonviolence. Offers research papers and links to related sites. Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Global Partnership for the Prevention of Armed Conflict To develop a common platform for effective action on conflict prevention from the community to the global level.
- Becoming Peace: A Messenger of the Manifesto 2000 An independent messenger of the UNESCO's Manifesto 2000. Promotes non-violence and education against violence and abuse.
- The thinkPEACE Network Includes peace history, quotes, poems, music, activities, forum and promotion of the UN's annual September 21st International day of peace.
- International Fellowship of Reconciliation (IFOR) An international spiritually-based movement committed to active nonviolence as a way of life and as a means of personal, social, economic and political transformation.
- The Foundation for P.E.A.C.E. Organization aims to promote community and international peace by helping people find personal peace, share their views of world peace and how to achieve it, and promote peace at community levels.
- Peace People Organization based in Northern Ireland that promotes nonviolence, peace, and justice around the world.
- We Are Many, We Are One Includes the Covenant of Peace, 10 Points for Peace, press releases, petition letters to world leaders, and contact details.
- Worldwide Forgiveness Alliance Contains information about Forgiveness Day, an annual observance. Describes seminars, provides membership information and articles on forgiveness. Includes contact details.
- Interpeace An organization helping war-torn societies to build lasting peace.
- Radiant Peace Foundation International About current projects, including the Peace Education Awards for children, International Days of Radiant Peace, awareness, and education.
- UN Peacemaker Provides information on peace agreements, peacemaking mandate, managing a peace process, Peacemaker's Toolbox, resources and forum. From the UN Department of Political Affairs (DPA).
- Tetworld Peace Through Development Project Based on Buckminster Fuller's concept for a global computer/internet based strategic game to "Make the World Work for Everyone".
- Peacful Societies Encyclopedia of peaceful societies, includes comparisons and discussion method used by these societies to maintain peace. Presented by University of Alabama's department of anthropology.
Action for Peace
Wide range of progressive-leftist resources on peace, war, conflict and nonviolence, including features for pupils and teachers.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 23:17:23 CET (http://www.greennet.org.uk/)
Peace Resource Center
Sponsored by the University of Minnesota Human Rights Center, this site provides a library of original peace and war documents, international treaties, and laws. Offers annotated list of peace and activist links.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 23:17:49 CET (http://hrlibrary.umn.edu/peace)