This is a science category, so sites will have information and/or guidance on conducting science experiments or research. Some sites will address the ethics of research which could have dangerous or unintended consequences for humans or animals. Other sites will address scientific misconduct, especially fraud in the research or review process. Science in Society focuses on the interaction of science and technology with the broader society. Research ethics is related to research being some degree of 'moral' and/or 'humane.' Agreement as to what is humane or moral in most cases is, understandably, more a result of consensus than of unanimity of opinion. Society/Philosophy/Ethics/Applied will have some overlap with this category and is possibly a better place to submit pages which argue or debate the ethics (or lack thereof) of certain scientific efforts. Society/Philosophy/Ethics/Applied/Bioethics is the proper category for sites specifically dealing with the ethics of research on humans or animals.
Related categories 4
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Get Research Smart Aims to be of help to people who are considering participation in medical or other research.
- The Online Ethics Center for Engineering and Science Provides "engineers, scientists and science and engineering students with resources useful for understanding and addressing ethically significant problems that arise in their work life."
- Scientists for Global Responsibility Promotes responsible use of science and technology in society, and explores the ethical dimensions of scientific research, global energy and resource issues, and alternative technologies.
- Integrity in Science Project information and resources from the Center for Science in the Public Interest. Features a database of scientists' and non-profits' ties to industry.
- ETHEX The Exploratorium's Ethical Scenarios Forum (ETHEX), created to promote online discussion of ethical, legal, and social implications of genetic research.
- Scientific Misconduct Blog Aubrey Blumsohn on misconduct in medical and scientific research, and related topics.