Advocacy for general disability rights; national and international groups. Please submit sites about specific disabilities to Health/Conditions and Diseases. Please submit sites about groups serving local areas to the appropriate Regional category.
Related categories 4
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund Inc. A national law and policy center dedicated to protecting and advancing the civil rights of people with disabilities through legislation, litigation, advocacy, technical assistance, and education and training of attorneys, advocates, persons with disabilities, and parents of children with disabilities.
- Council for Disability Rights Advancing rights and enhancing lives for people with disabilities in Chicago, Illinois. Articles on advocating for yourself and coping with the system.
- Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities A coalition of approximately 100 national disability organizations working together to advocate for national public policy that ensures the self-determination, independence, empowerment, integration and inclusion of children and adults with disabilities in all aspects of society.
- Bazelon Center for Mental Health Laws Legal advocacy for the civil rights and human dignity of people with mental disability.
- American Disabled for Attendant Programs Today (ADAPT) Fighting so people with disabilities can live in the community with real support instead of being locked away in nursing homes and other institutions.
- Disabled Peoples' International A grassroots,cross-disability network with member organizations in over 110 countries, over half of which are in the developing world.
- Not Dead Yet! Disability activists opposed to the legalization of assisted suicide.
- TASH - Disability Advocacy Worldwide An international association of people with disabilities, their family members, other advocates, and professionals fighting for a society in which inclusion of all people in all aspects of society is the norm.
- Auto Workers Press This site is created to specialize in disabled auto workers rights and to be an advocate for auto workers who are being discriminated against, on the basis of disability, by their employers.
- Self Advocates Becoming Empowered (SABE) To ensure that people with disabilities are treated as equals and that they are given the same decisions, choices, rights, responsibilities, and chances to speak up to empower themselves; opportunities to make new friends; and to learn from their mistakes.
- Sprint Project Connect A wireless phone donation and recycling program, to raise money and support for people with disabilities.
- Washington Speech and Hearing Association Advocates for the communicatively impaired, speech-language pathologists and audiologists.
- Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates (COPAA) An independent, nonprofit, tax-exempt organization of attorneys, advocates and parents established to improve the quality and quantity of legal assistance for parents of children with disabilities.
- LRM'S Place Personal web site of public policy analyst Laura Remson Mitchell. Primary focus is on health-care reform and disability policy. Includes original articles and commentary as well as advocacy links.
NICHCY is a national information center that provides information on disabilities and disability related issues, focusing on children and youth, birth to age 22.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 20:27:44 CET (http://www.parentcenterhub.org/nichcy-gone/)
An Austin, Texas based non profit organization that represents the disabled community, including special education.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 20:27:53 CET (http://disabilityrightstx.org/)
About a self advocate who is currently People First President in Ridgecrest, California, making a difference.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 20:28:07 CET (http://todd.clark.tripod.com)