This category is for sites that provide information related to issues that affect air travelers.
Related categories 4
Loading new listings for you to review...
- National Safe Skies Alliance An FAA-funded, non-profit, membership-based organization that serves aviation by providing impartial and effective testing and evaluation of safety and security systems.
- AirSafe.com Provides useful information for the traveling public, including details of recent fatal accidents involving the major airlines of the world.
- Angel Flight Central Medical and charity air transportation for reasons of compassion or community service. Donor and partner list, local chapters, areas covered, volunteer forms and links.
- Air Transport Users Council Consumer watchdog for the airline industry in the United Kingdom. It advises air travellers on their rights, helps passengers obtain redress where they have been badly treated, and promotes the wider interests of airline passengers.
- Airline Safety Dedicated to the subject of airline safety and seeks to provide a forum for the discussion of airline safety policies and issues.
- Aviation History of Southern California Profiles aviation accidents and early aviation history in the United States.
- Politics and Plane Crashes Describes a four-year investigation into three plane crashes TWA 800, Pan Am 103 and Air India 182. Introduces the "Plane Truth" book of the author.
- NPR : Pondering Today's 'No-Fly' Objects Essayist Naomi Lewin ponders the variety of objects no longer deemed safe for carrying onboard a commercial airplane. [2:54 streaming audio broadcast]
- Flying Safely on the Boeing 777 Provides passengers with basic information about flying and air travel. Image gallery, FAQs guest book and links.
HowStuffWorks: How Black Boxes Work
Illustrated narrative looks at the two types of black boxes, how they survive crashes and how they are retrieved and analyzed.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-15 00:09:53 CET (http://science.howstuffworks.com/transport/flight/modern/black-box.htm)