This category is for educational and informational sites about meteorology and the weather.
Related categories 2
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Auroras: Paintings in the Sky Illustrated journey of the "Northern Lights." Photos and QuickTime movies of the northern lights, and Realaudio interviews with NASA scientists.
- What is a Rainbow? Educational site explaining the physics and chemistry of rainbows.
- NWS JetStream - An Online School for Weather A resource intended for educators, emergency managers, and the general public. Includes topical material and lesson plans.
- Snow Crystals Information about the physics of snow crystals and snowflakes as well as the history of early scientific observations and photographs, how to take photos, preserving snow crystals, and unusual snowflakes.
- El Nino Resource Center Welcome to the El Niño Workshop - online for education.
- Index to Training Materials and Essays on Storm Chasing and Meteorology This site provides an organized list of training materials and essays on storm chasing and meteorology that are available on the internet.
- The Weather Doctor Explores the science and beauty of weather, including a monthly almanac, weather history, weather elements and phenomena, weather and the arts.
- Air Quality Meteorology Developmental course of the US Environmental Protection Agency in conjunction with the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Professor Mandia's Weather Resources Website for a introduction to weather class at Suffolk County Community College.
- Bad Meteorology Debunks some widespread misconceptions about clouds, rain, atmospheric circulation, the greenhouse effect, and other topics.
- Meteorology FAQs Archived FAQs from the Usenet newsgroup sci.geo.meteorology.
- Infography about Meteorology Online and print resources recommended by a professor who specializes in research about meteorology.
- Stuff In The Air Weather phenomena and imagery. Concise descriptions of how weather instruments work. Atmospheric problems and solutions.
- Center for Atmosphere Ocean Studies, Courant Institute Research, graduate school studies in applied math, dynamical meteorology, physical oceanography and climate system modeling.
- Caribbean Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology Outlines of courses available, data held, contact details, and history of this cooperative by sixteen governments in the region.
- Ask A Scientist - Weather Questions from educators and students are answered by the Argonne National Laboratory.
- Meteorology: Simply for Yachties A weather training package course for all sailors. Provides information on the lessons, the author and the cost.
- WW2010 (Weather World 2010 Project) Educational CD-ROM that integrates current and archived weather data with instructional resources.
- Significant Opportunities in Atmospheric Research and Science SOARS provides educational and research opportunities, mentoring, career counseling and guidance, and financial support for culturally-diverse students in the atmospheric and related sciences.
- Weather One Discusses several topics of weather including clouds, seasons, air pressure, winds, global warming, and violent weather. Also includes activities to give students a hands-on experience with weather.