This category includes nutritional aspects, price comparisons and buying tips for food and beverages.
Related categories 8
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Food Safety.gov Provides links to US Government information for consumers and producers, educational material, alerts, and reporting of illnesses and problems.
- Food Safety Project Provides information on food safety and quality. From Iowa State University Extension.
- NPR : Lettuce Learn How to Wash Produce Food safety experts explain how to best wash fruits and vegetables before eating them.
- CSPI - Center for Science in the Public Interest The Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) is a nonprofit education and advocacy organization that focuses on improving the safety and nutritional quality of our food supply.
- Food and Drink Federation Body representing the UK food and drink manufacturing industry. FDF works with government, NGOs and consumers to develop industry positions on issues and renew confidence in the food chain.
- Pace Foods Discover recipes using Pace salsa, picante sauce, and queso. Find out about current promotions. Learn about all the different flavors of Pace products.
- Consumer Guide to Purchasing Saffron Guide to help cooks, chefs and consumers become familiar with saffron. Includes glossary, purchasing tips, and recipes.
- California Cling Peaches Nutrition information, fruit tips, recipes, industry facts, orchard history, and links for consumers, school and foodservice, kids, and dietitians. Includes newsletters, art, and educational information.
- Acu-Cell: Chocolate Takes a critical look at "Chocolate-Is-Good-For-You" campaigns and dispels some of the health benefit myths.
- Consumer Freedom Website run by the Center for Consumer Freedom, a nonprofit coalition which opposes activist interference with and legal restrictions on the sale of food and beverages in the USA.
- UK Food Guide Information on all types of additives and E numbers used in both the manufacture and preservation of foodstuffs, chemicals used to grow food, and the effects that these substances have upon people and their environment.
- Food additives Includes list of E-numbers, categorized by name, by number and by adverse effect. [Hungarian and English]
- Bottled Water Web Includes forum, FAQs, glossary, resources, articles, regulations, new products and statistics.
- FoodRoutes Network Discusses advantages of buying from local sources and community level map.
- Food Information (multilingual) Information on food production, food safety, additives, ingredients and other topics. With FAQ (over 300 questions). In 12 languages, by 2005 in all European languages.
- Food Safety And Inspection Service Recall Information Center Recalls are voluntary actions carried out by industry in cooperation with Federal and State agencies. Products are recalled when found to be contaminated, adulterated, or misbranded. Site lists active and archived cases from both US Federal and state agencies.
- Two Dips Ice Cream Tasters Offers ratings and reviews on a variety of ice cream products.
- Just Say Yes to Fruits and Vegetables Dedicated to improving the health and nutritional status of food stamp populations in New York State. Offers consumer purchasing information, food safety and preparation tips, recipes, and event calendar.
- Supermarket Savvy Learn to shop for health in the virtual supermarket of over 1000 healthy retail foods. Contains food reviews, tip sheets, health professional newsletter, and educational resources.
- Food Safety Risk Analysis Clearinghouse Data, tutorials, tools, and links to numerous sources of information for professionals and consumers.
- FDA/CFSAN Consumer Advice Information available to the public about food safety and food products.
- Shelf Life Taste Test Provides reviews of packaged food. Judges conduct blind taste tests on gourmet and supermarket items, and rate the products.
- Greenline -The Summertime Rules In the summertime foods can quickly reach the "danger zone." This fact sheet provides tips to help prevent this from happening. From University of Illinois Extension.
- Seasoned Cooking: Food on the Web A review of SOAR, the Searchable Online Archive of Recipes.
- Seasoned Cooking: FoodGeeks.com Review of the food and cooking site, FoodGeeks.com.
- Seasoned Cooking: Cyber Food Review article about various places on the web to find food and cooking information.
- University of Guelph: Food Safety Network Directory of articles, press releases, and information sources.
- Food Intolerance Network Provides information about the effects of food on behaviour, health and learning in both children and adults and offers support for families using the low chemical elimination diet - free of additives, low in salicylates, amines and flavour enhancers (FAILSAFE). Includes newsletters, articles, fact sheets, recipes and support groups.
- Seasoned Cooking: Home Cooking A review of the About.com site for the site also called Home Cooking.
- Publications USA Gov - Food Directory of fact sheets on nutrition and food safety.
WHO - ECR: Food safety
The World Health Organisation (WHO) Food Safety Programme gives links to their programs on, food safety, food legislation, Codex Alimentarius (HACCP) Systems, surveillance of foodborne disease, Global Environmental Monitoring System, and, Emerging and other Communicable Diseases Surveillance
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-12 01:46:49 CET (http://www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/disease-prevention/food-safety)
Texas Technical University: Food Safety
Compiled by Dr. Mindy Brashears, gives information for consumers and the industry regarding various food safety issues, and scientific references.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-12 01:47:09 CET (http://www.depts.ttu.edu/afs/foodsafety)
Offers nutrition information, wine reviews, recipes, and food reviews.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-12 01:47:12 CET (http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/health/food-and-drink-product-reviews-and-ratings/index.htm)